To supersede the requirements for building sprinkler
protection stated in Sentence 188.8.131.52.(3) if certain conditions
This is to limit the probability that:
- smoke will build up in the contained use area or in
other fire compartments,
- persons will be delayed in evacuating or moving to a
- emergency responders will be delayed in gaining access
to the contained use area, which could lead to delays or ineffectiveness
in carrying out fire emergency response operations, which could lead
- delays in the evacuation or movement of persons to a
safe place, and
- the spread of fire, and
- the fire load will be excessive, which could lead to
the spread of fire.
This is to limit the probability of harm to persons.