To limit the probability that inappropriate installation
will interfere with the opening or closing of dampers, which could
lead to an inability to balance the flow of intake and exhaust air,
which could lead to:
- the inadequate delivery of warm air or the return of
cold air, which could lead to an inability to maintain adequate relative
humidity or indoor air temperatures,
- inadequate ventilation, which could lead to the inadequate
- relative humidity, which could lead to condensation,
which could lead to the growth of mould and mildew, or
- airborne pollutants, or
- insufficient combustion air for fuel-burning appliances,
which could lead to incomplete combustion.
This is to limit the probability of:
- negative effects on the air quality of indoor spaces,
- the inadequate thermal comfort of persons.
This is to limit the probability of harm to persons.