To limit the probability of moisture becoming trapped
between the moisture protection of interior finishes and other low-permeance
materials placed inboard of that protection.
is to limit the probability of:
- water accumulation or an inadequate control of relative
- the generation of pollutants from biological growth
or from materials that become unstable on wetting, or
- deterioration, which could lead to compromised integrity
of elements inboard of the moisture protection of interior finishes.
This is to limit the probability of:
- negative effects on the air quality of indoor spaces,
- the inadequate thermal comfort of persons, and
- contact with moisture.
This is to limit the probability of harm to persons.