To limit the probability of the inadequate drainage
of water from driveways, which could lead to the ingress of water
into garages, which could lead to:
- an inadequate control of the temperature of interior
spaces, relative humidity, or water ingress and accumulation,
- the generation of pollutants from biological growth
or from materials that become unstable on wetting, or
- deterioration, which could lead to compromised integrity
of elements protected by the environmental separators.
This is to limit the probability of:
- negative effects on the air quality of indoor spaces,
- the inadequate thermal comfort of persons, and
- contact with moisture.
This is to limit the probability of harm to persons.