To limit the probability of shear failure, anchor
withdrawal or inadequate distribution of lateral and wind-uplift loads,
which could lead to the displacement of wood-frame roof systems under
This is to limit the probability
- compromised structural integrity of the roof,
- the displacement or failure of required environmental
separation elements, which could lead to deterioration, or
- an inability to resist expected loads, which could lead
- the excessive movement or deformation of walls, or
- the excessive deflection or vibration of floors.
This is to limit the probability of:
- the space being unsuitable for its intended use,
- compromised operation of windows or doors, or
- damage to the building.