To limit the probability of premature failure of
fasteners, which could lead to the displacement of flashing, which
could lead to precipitation or meltwater ingress.
This is to limit the probability of compromised thermal performance
of components intended to resist heat transfer, which could lead to:
- an inadequate control of temperatures in interior spaces,
relative humidity or water accumulation,
- the generation of pollutants from biological growth
or from materials that become unstable on wetting, or
- deterioration, which could lead to further compromised
integrity of environmental separators.
This is to limit the probability of:
- negative effects on the air quality of indoor spaces,
- the inadequate thermal comfort of persons, and
- contact with moisture.
This is to limit the probability of harm to persons.