To limit the probability of
- the inadequate control of vapour diffusion (except the
diffusion of moisture from the ground) through environmental separators
under expected environmental loads, or
- the inadequate venting of vapour to the exterior.
This is to limit the probability of
the accumulation of condensation, which could lead to:
- the generation of pollutants from biological growth
or from materials that become unstable on wetting, or
- deterioration, which could lead to compromised integrity
of environmental separators.
This is to limit the probability of:
- negative effects on the air quality of indoor spaces,
- the inadequate thermal comfort of persons.
This is to limit the probability of harm to persons.