To limit the probability that an inability to drain
or clean out the ducts will lead to the accumulation of moisture,
which could lead to:
- the inadequate delivery of warm air or the return of
cold air, which could lead to an inability to maintain adequate indoor
- inadequate ventilation, which could lead to the inadequate
- relative humidity, which could lead to condensation,
which could lead to mould and mildew growth, or
- airborne pollutants, or
- the entry of water into living space.
This is to limit the probability of:
- negative effects on the air quality of indoor spaces,
- the inadequate thermal comfort of persons, and
- contact with moisture.
This is to limit the probability of harm to persons.