To limit the probability of insufficient reinforcement
or that reinforcement across a cold joint will not be adequately bonded
to the concrete, which could lead to tension loads not being transferred
to each side of the joint, which could lead to concrete cracking or
the displacement of foundation walls.
to limit the probability of compromised structural integrity, which
could lead to:
- structural failure,
- where elements support or are part of an environmental
separator, the displacement or failure of required environmental separation
elements, which could lead to the deterioration of building elements,
- an inability to resist expected loads, which could lead
- the excessive deformation or deflection of walls, or
- the excessive deflection or vibration of floors.
This is to limit the probability of:
- the space being unsuitable for its intended use, or
- damage to the building.