To limit the probability of inadequate lateral support
for columns, which could lead to racking.
is to limit the probability of:
- compromised structural integrity,
- for environmental separators or elements supporting
an environmental separator, the displacement or failure of required
environmental separation elements, which could lead to the deterioration
of building elements, or
- an inability to resist expected loads, which could lead
- the excessive deformation or deflection of walls, or
- the excessive deflection or vibration of floors.
This is to limit the probability of:
- the compromised operation of doors or windows required
for egress in an emergency, or
- for floors and elements supporting floors, persons losing
their balance, tripping or falling.
This is to limit the probability of harm to persons.