To limit the probability that the performance of
protective materials providing the required protection from precipitation
in a vegetative roofing system will fall significantly below expectations
with respect to precipitation ingress and dissipation.
This is to limit the probability of
- the inadequate control of relative humidity or water
- the generation of pollutants from biological growth
or from materials that become unstable on wetting, or
- deterioration, which could lead to compromised integrity
of environmental separators.
This is to limit the probability of:
- negative effects on the air quality of indoor spaces,
- the inadequate thermal comfort of persons, and
- contact with moisture.
This is to limit the probability of harm to persons.