To limit the probability of ingress of water from
the ground, which could lead to:
- the inadequate control of relative humidity or water
- the generation of pollutants from biological growth
or from materials that become unstable on wetting, or
- deterioration, which could lead to compromised integrity
of environmental separators.
This is to limit the probability of:
- negative effects on the air quality of indoor spaces,
- the inadequate thermal comfort of persons, and
- contact with moisture.
This is to limit the probability of harm to persons.