To limit the probability of inadequate detailing
and sealing of joints, junctions, and penetrations, which could lead
to discontinuity of protection at joints, which could lead to moisture
transfer from the ground.
This is to limit the
- the inadequate control of relative humidity or water
- the generation of pollutants from biological growth
or from materials that become unstable on wetting, or
- deterioration, which could lead to compromised integrity
of environmental separators.
This is to limit the probability of:
- negative effects on the air quality of indoor spaces,
- the inadequate thermal comfort of persons, and
- contact with moisture.
This is to limit the probability of harm to persons.