To facilitate the construction of the following
safety features for the gas storage room:
- firefighter access from the outside,
- explosion venting to the outside, and
- exhaust ventilation to the outside.
This is to limit the probability that:
- emergency response operations will be delayed or inefficient,
which could lead to the spread of fire to other parts of the building,
which could lead to harm to persons, including emergency responders,
- gases will accumulate, which could lead to their ignition
from a nearby ignition source, which could lead to a fire or explosion,
which could lead to harm to persons, and
- an explosion in the room will cause critical damage
[structural or mechanical] to the room or the building, which could
lead to harm to persons in other parts of the building.