To limit the probability that windows, doors and
skylights and their components will have insufficient resistance to
heat transfer, which could lead to:
- excessively low temperatures of interior surfaces, or
- condensation, which could lead to
- the generation of pollutants from biological growth
or from materials that become unstable on wetting, or
- deterioration, which could lead to compromised integrity
of assemblies acting as environmental separators.
This is to limit the probability of:
- negative effects on the air quality of indoor spaces,
- the inadequate thermal comfort of persons.
This is to limit the probability of harm to persons.