To limit the probability that waterproofing materials
will be incompatible with the substrate, which could lead to discontinuity
in the waterproofing, which could lead to an inadequate resistance
to moisture transfer from the ground, which could lead to the ingress
of moisture from the ground.
This is to limit
the probability of:
- compromised thermal performance of components intended
to provide resistance to heat transfer, which could lead to an inadequate
control of the temperature of interior spaces,
- water accumulation or an inadequate control of relative
- the generation of pollutants from biological growth
or from materials that become unstable on wetting, or
- deterioration, which could lead to compromised integrity
of the walls.
This is to limit the probability of:
- negative effects on the air quality of indoor spaces,
- the inadequate thermal comfort of persons, and
- contact with moisture.
This is to limit the probability of harm to persons.