To limit the probability that the performance of
drain tiles or drain pipes will fall significantly below expectations,
with respect to:
- strength (e.g. tensile, compressive, impact, hydrostatic,
- resistance to deterioration (e.g. due to freeze-thaw
stresses, chemical attack, corrosion),
- the integrity of connections, or
- permeance (of perforated products).
This is to limit the probability of
excessive moisture loading on foundation walls and basement floors.
This is to limit the probability of the ingress of moisture
from the ground, which could lead to:
- compromised structural integrity of foundation walls
and basement floors, or of elements supported by the walls or floors,
- deterioration, which could lead to compromised integrity
of elements supported or protected by exterior foundation walls.
This is to limit the probability of:
- the space being unsuitable for its intended use, or
- damage to the building.