To limit the probability of:
- insufficient compressive strength to resist expected
gravity loads, or
- the excessive shrinkage, cracking and premature failure
This is to limit the probability of compromised structural
integrity, which could lead to:
- structural failure,
- where concrete is used in an environmental separator,
the displacement or failure of required environmental separation elements,
which could lead to the deterioration of building elements, which
could lead to further compromised structural integrity, or
- the excessive deflection or cracking of floors.
This is to limit the probability of:
- the space being unsuitable for its intended use, and
- damage to the building.